Division: Macon County Supervisor of Assessments – 141 S. Main Street, Ste 401, Decatur, IL 62523
Job Classification: This position is a full time position in the Macon County Supervisor of Assessments
|Tax Mapping Specialist
Supervisor of Assessments
One to three years of work experience, including reading legal descriptions, general computer usage and customer service. A working knowledge of and the ability to demonstrate competency in ESRI’s ArcGIS for Desktop is preferred but not required. Individual must be willing to attend and complete all necessary training as indicated and required.
Summary of Job Duties
This position involves executing the Department’s various property assessment functions, specifically the maintenance of GIS tax parcel map data and assisting customers with general property tax questions.
· Read and verify legal descriptions
· Maintain ownership records in multiple databases
· Update address information in multiple databases
· Assist customers with general property tax questions
· Enter and analyze sales ratio data
· Measure and document property in the field
· Create maps for various departments
· Other responsibilities as assigned
Specific work skills must include:
· Read legal descriptions and locate property
· Computer skills specifically Microsoft Office
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Outstanding customer service skills
· Data collection, filing and retrieval skills
How to Apply
Apply in person 8:30 to 4:30 Mon.-Fri. at 141 S Main St Ste 401 Decatur.