Division: Macon County Circuit Court
Wages: $31,420 annual
Nature of Work
To perform a variety of courtroom clerical duties and office secretarial duties requiring independent judgment to ensure efficient administration of the judicial system.
Under the direction of a judge and the supervision of the Judicial Clerk Supervisor, the judicial clerk shall act as follows:
· Efficiently and accurately perform multiple tasks while attending courtroom hearings. Those duties include typing the minutes of the court proceedings on the electronic record sheet as dictated by the judge, scanning files as cases are called, preparing and giving out various slips/forms, swearing in witnesses, and marking and assuming custody of marked exhibits.
· Timely prepare written documents and correspondence for a judge’s signature and prepare and mail routine notices, orders and/or letters to attorneys and other parties in court cases as directed by a judge.
· Maintain courtroom calendars, and schedule appointments, meetings and hearings.
· Answer telephone calls, take messages and respond to inquiries as directed by a judge.
· Organize and maintain case files, which includes making appropriate noting entries on the electronic record sheet and preparing files for court.
· Maintain confidentiality of all documents, exhibits, records and/or proceedings.
· Ensure the smooth flow of case files through the court system.
· Perform other clerical and secretarial duties as assigned by a judge or Judicial Clerk Supervisor.
Type at least 50 wpm with minimal errors, grammar, spelling , proofreading and computer skills
How to Apply
Please submit a letter of interest and resume by November 11, 2020 to Jeanne Hart at 253 E. Wood Street, Room 501, Decatur, IL 62523 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Macon County Circuit Court is an Equal Opportunity Employer.